Saturday, March 13, 2010

Dale's Designs

Welcome to my brand new home!

On my website I will have a lot of information and resources that deal with Graphic Designs. I will introduce you to some quality links and important information in this wonderfully diverse field. I also will be putting up some of my designed personal poetry, which I will eventually sell at a competitive price. But for now, welcome one and all!

Today I would like to talk about texturized fonts. If you get the chance, check out some of the great fonts sites out there. For today's example, I am using Fontspace's website. The links is:
http://www.fontspace.com/category/textured As of today, they show 86 different fonts, but they also have more specialized fonts such as the attractive looking Art Deco Fonts.
The first and most important thing that I must say, is to make sure you know what the copyright of the font is before you use it in any application. Know the terms and conditions because these people put a lot of work into designing their fonts.
MyFonts has a section as well, with some good examples of how the layout will look like, along with the prices. They have a good listing of fonts, by their tag.
Their link is: http://new.myfonts.com/tags/textured/

So whether you are designing an elegant layout, or one more grungy, you might consider this method. It adds great diversity to the font and personifies it's appearance greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment